I just uploaded a new version of the Beta, 1.0.4! It’s live right now and you can get it here.
Here’s the changelog for this update:
- All Animals now also look for food on the surrounding tiles
- Fertility and Water are now two different things. Tiles require surrounding water to be placed, but plants and animals need a certain level of Fertility.
- Reduced the amount of Mountains that spawn on any given map
- Made the different selections for the detailed info panel for tile stats in the bottom-left corner more visible
- The game now uses a different font
- The buttons for carnivorous animals now have a red border
- Added a “How to Play” screen that shows up every launch
I hope you enjoy it! As you can see I finally added some explanation as to how to play. The biggest thing that’s left to do now is research.
EcoVerse Beta 1.0.3 is live! As always, I have included a screenshot of the game in this post. You can get EcoVerse Beta here: EcoVerse Beta on itch.io
Here are the Patchnotes for this Update (also on the itch.io page):
- Added pause, normal, fast and fastest speed options in the botton right
- It’s now possible to select up to 10 tiles with SHIFT + Click and change their biome or add things to them. Buttons will be locked if the action is locked for one of the selected tiles.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to place lakes and oasis’
- Removed the hotkeys for overlays, as they were conflicting with the multi selection. There will be customizable hotkeys for things like that in the future.
- Adjusted some tooltips to display correctly
- Tiles that are turned back into ocean now have anything still on them removed and turned into “decay”.
- Balancing changes
- Minor performance improvements
- Code optimizations
The next update will probably (finally) bring a Tutorial of some sort.
EcoVerse has come a long way! I have made some quality of life changes:
- The Overlays can now be selected much easier in a menu in the top left
- There is now an ESC Menu where you can save your game or load one
- There is also a Title screen with save/load functions (settings screen is redundant at the moment)
- Some balancing issues and bug fixing
Now on to the big news: The beta Version is now live to try out for free right here:
Go have a play around and let me know what you think! I’m looking forward to everyones thoughts.