I just uploaded a new version of the Beta, 1.0.4! It’s live right now and you can get it here.
Here’s the changelog for this update:
- All Animals now also look for food on the surrounding tiles
- Fertility and Water are now two different things. Tiles require surrounding water to be placed, but plants and animals need a certain level of Fertility.
- Reduced the amount of Mountains that spawn on any given map
- Made the different selections for the detailed info panel for tile stats in the bottom-left corner more visible
- The game now uses a different font
- The buttons for carnivorous animals now have a red border
- Added a “How to Play” screen that shows up every launch
I hope you enjoy it! As you can see I finally added some explanation as to how to play. The biggest thing that’s left to do now is research.
EcoVerse Beta 1.0.3 is live! As always, I have included a screenshot of the game in this post. You can get EcoVerse Beta here: EcoVerse Beta on itch.io
Here are the Patchnotes for this Update (also on the itch.io page):
- Added pause, normal, fast and fastest speed options in the botton right
- It’s now possible to select up to 10 tiles with SHIFT + Click and change their biome or add things to them. Buttons will be locked if the action is locked for one of the selected tiles.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to place lakes and oasis’
- Removed the hotkeys for overlays, as they were conflicting with the multi selection. There will be customizable hotkeys for things like that in the future.
- Adjusted some tooltips to display correctly
- Tiles that are turned back into ocean now have anything still on them removed and turned into “decay”.
- Balancing changes
- Minor performance improvements
- Code optimizations
The next update will probably (finally) bring a Tutorial of some sort.
EcoVerse has come a long way! I have made some quality of life changes:
- The Overlays can now be selected much easier in a menu in the top left
- There is now an ESC Menu where you can save your game or load one
- There is also a Title screen with save/load functions (settings screen is redundant at the moment)
- Some balancing issues and bug fixing
Now on to the big news: The beta Version is now live to try out for free right here:
Go have a play around and let me know what you think! I’m looking forward to everyones thoughts.
After some recent stability and performance issues, the development of EcoVerse is back on track! I’ve revamped the look of the infobar at the top and added some useful tips, as well as the new concept of “Diversity”. This is currently an average of the animal diversity on all tiles and I am planning to add overall diversity (the total amount of different species in the ecosystem).
I also made some changes to the inner workings of the game and did a lot of performance improvements, as mentioned before.
EcoVerse is coming along nicely! As you can see in the image, I added a new are for more detailed tile information and am in the process of adding more visual help to the ui, like the little food icon on some tiles, which tells you where carnivores need othe animals for food.
I also did some general cleaning of the code of EcoVerse and a lot of tweaking here and there, to make it run better.
So far for now